Posted Sept 22, 2020 The Parish will host a talk Sept 27th at 6:15 PM and Sept 30th at 11Am in the parish hall on Covid 19 and Catholic Bio Ethics. Refreshments provided, RSVP to the Parish Office 634-6833 as seating is limited. Sacrament Formation Meeting Monday Sept 28th at 6:30. If you offer a service in the parish Ethics and Integrity Training will be Oct 10th 9:30 AM in the Faith Formation Hall. The movie “Fatima” will be shown in the church Oct 4th at 6:30, Life Chain is Oct 25th with signs to be picked up at Kiwanis’s Park across from McDonalds. Please check the bulletin link for more.
Posted Sept. 15, 2020. Faith Formation is ongoing and online at the St. Phillip Institute website. The Parish will host a talk Sept 27th at 6:15 PM and Sept 30th at 11Am in the parish hall on Covid 19 and Catholic Bio Ethics. Refreshments provided, RSVP to the Parish Office 634-6833 as seating is limited. If you offer a service in the parish Ethics and Integrity Training will be Oct 10th 9:30 AM in the Faith Formation Hall. Please check the bulletin link for info on Baptism Classes, to sign up for the FLOCKNOTE Parish Communication System and more.
Posted Sept 4th, 2020 Check the bulletin tab for info on The Special Celebration Blue Mass Sept 11th at 9AM to honor all police and first responders. Faith Formation student families should check the church foyer for Father Denzil’s letter concerning online St. Phillip Institute classes for grades 1-8. Classes begin Sept 13th and are free with registration forms are available at this online link FAITH FORMATION REGISTRATION. The office will be closed Labor Day Sept 7th.
Posted Aug 29, 2020 Bilingual bulletin is posted at the link. Info is available on Virtual Faith Formation classes through the St. Phillip Institute with registration forms available under the Faith Formation/Religious Education Tab on the St. Patrick’s Catholic Church web page, updates on the Bishop’s Appeal, subscription instructions for parish flocknotes communication, infant baptism formation class sign up, and the purposes for second collections in the month of September.
Posted Aug. 21, 2020 Bulletin is posted at the link. Due to COVID precautions parents will be teaching GIFT class at home. The Diocese will provide a virtual program through the St. Phillip Institute for grades 1-8. Though this will be a virtual program please fill out the registration which will soon be available on this web site. We will be sending out letters on Sacramental Formation. Please check for infant baptism class registration info, and be sure to sign up for the parish flocknotes communication system by texting to LUFKIN2118 to 84576 and following the link to sign up.
Posted Aug. 13, 2020 Bulletin is posted at the link. Please remember there is a Mass time change Aug 16 for the Installation Mass of Father D by Bishop Strickland at 10am. Please call the office 634-6833 if attending to allow for the correct percentages of people to social distance. There will be a 5pm English and a 7pm Spanish Mass Aug 15th. Please sign up for the Parish FLOCKNOTE communication system which allows us to communicate with all parishioners through text or email. To sign up text LUFKIN2118 (all caps) to 84576 and follow the link to sign up. Please welcome Oralia Aguilar as Director of Faith Formation. Please check the guidelines in the bulletin for Funeral Masses and their scheduling. For more info click the bulletin link.
Posted July 27th, 2020 Bulletin is published at the link. Please sign up for Adoration Aug, 1st-7th by sign up sheet in Church foter or by calling the office. Bilingual Mass of Installation by Bishop Strickland for Father D on Aug 16th at 10am. Due to social distancing there will be limited seating. Please call the office 634-6833 if you would like to attend. Aug 15th there will be a 5pm English and 7pm Spanish Mass offered.
Posted July 17, 2020. Bulletin is at the link. Baptism Class reservations are made by email by Monday before July 22nd to Deacon Ray
Top bid on July 17th for Dinner with Father D Raffle is $2000. All proceeds benefit St. Patrick School.
Daily Adoration August 1-7 sign up sheet in the church foyer. Please check the church home page for a link to
Give Central for your weekly offering. Congratulations to all children making first Communion!
July 10, 2020 Bulletin is posted at the link. All Parish Committee meetings resume this month check times in bulletin. Baptism Class reservations are made by email by Monday before July 22nd to Deacon Ray
The online give page in the web site menu is operational. During this time we are unable to pass collection baskets please go to Give Central to create an account to make your weekly offering by credit card or bank draft.
First Friday will resume in August.
Book pick up for Faith Formation is Thursday July 16th 5pm to 7pm.
Don’t forget to bid on the dinner raffle by facebook message to the church
Posted July 8th, 2020 Fr. Denzil is cooking dinner for you and your family! As a fundraiser for St. Patrick Catholic School, Fr. Denzil has graciously offered to cook dinner for one family in our parish (up to 10 people). You’ll enjoy an authentic, home-cooked Sri Lankan dinner prepared by Fr. Denzil, and have the opportunity to get to know and welcome our new priest! This opportunity is a silent auction. Bidding will start at $100, and all funds will be donated directly to St. Patrick Catholic School to help cover expenses for the 2020-2021 school year. To place your bid, please send a direct message to this page administrator. Thank you for your support of our church and school! Bidding closes on 7/22/2020.
Good luck! Face Book Link is St. Pat’s Facebook
Posted July 3rd, 2020
Let there be no confusion. Bishop Strickland, the Diocese of Tyler and St. Patrick’s Catholic Church require masks in church. According to the Bishop:
“If we do this simple thing and embrace this small sacrifice, we can do our part to ensure that everyone stays healthy and that our churches can remain safe and open throughout this crisis.”
Posted June 30th. Bulletin is online. Please continue to use the link to support St. Patrick’s.
Please observe standards of mask wearing, hand washing, social distancing and a one time registration for the Mass you attend to aide in protecting the most vulnerable of our church population.
Thanks to Father Guillermo for 1.5 years of service and to Father Raymundo for 10 years at out parish.
Please give Father Denzil Vithanage, our new pastor a hearty St. Patrick’s welcome.
Posted June 19, 2020 Bulletin is at the link. Thanks to Fathers Guillermo and Raymundo for their service to the parish and may the prayers of the faithful go with them to their new assignments. Please give Father Denzil Vithanage, our new pastor a hearty St. Patrick’s welcome.
Posted June 5th, 2020 Bulletin is posted at the link. Please remember your offering to St. Patrick’s by collection basket in the foyer or at www.givecentral.org/location/859
1. The Bishop’s dispensation for all Catholics from their Sunday obligation to attend Holy Mass remains in place: THE FAITHFUL ARE UNDER NO MORAL OBLIGATION TO ATTEND MASS AT THIS TIME.
2. Do not come to Mass if you are sick or have any symptoms that even resemble the symptoms of COVID-19.
Persons with any of these symptoms MUST remain at home:
· Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
· Repeated shaking with chills
· Muscle pain
· Sore throat
· Loss of taste or smell
· Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
· Known close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19.
Persons who have had these symptoms MUST NOT come to Mass until:
· at least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since recovery (resolution of fever without the use of fever- reducing medications);
· and the individual has improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath);
· and at least 7 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
3. ALL VULNERABLE INDIVIDUALS SHOULD CONTINUE TO STAY AT HOME. Vulnerable people are individual 65+ years old or have any critical health conditions such as such as hypertension, heart disease, kidney disease, lung disease, asthma, autoimmune disorders, and those undergoing cancer treatments.
4. Members of households with vulnerable residents should be aware that they could carry the virus back home.
5. Due to the restrictions of 25% of occupancy, we will only be able to accommodate 150 people per mass.
6. Please, call the Parish office during regular business hours 8AM-4PM, Monday-Friday to let us know that you are interested in attending Mass.
1. Let us know specifically how many people will be attending mass. This number cannot change at the last minute.
2. DO NOT LEAVE A MESSAGE ON THE ANSWERING MACHINE FOR MASS OR EMAIL US. You will not have a seat unless you talk to someone.
3. Do not come to mass until you receive confirmation that you can attend.
4. Members of both parishes in town must go to the church where they are registered.
7. Please, wear a mask to mass, for your protection and the protection of others.
8. Please, observe the designated seating areas.
1. There will be one pew between each row to be used
2. Families will sit together.
3. There must be 6 feet between households if sitting at opposite sides of the same pew.
9. Maintain at least a 6-foot in the Communion procession, and when arriving for and leaving Mass.
10.At the Communion procession only one pew at a time will come forward.
11.There will be no physical contact at the Sign of Peace.
1. Please, limit yourself to do a head bow, which is the traditional and religiously significant and appropriate way to greet people during the Liturgy, as you see the priest, deacons and altar servers ordinarily do during Mass.
12.Please, deposit your offering—regularly gathered during the collection—in the basket at the foyer. There will be two baskets, for 1st and 2nd collection.
1. Remember that you can also send your financial contributions by mail or direct deposit through our website DONATE tab.
13.At the end of Holy Mass, please leave the Church and do not linger socializing at the foyer or outside at the entrance.
14.Father will not be able to greet you before or after Mass. Please, be reasonable and do not be personally offended. If you must talk to him call the office to make an appointment.
15.We will try to have hand sanitizer available in the foyer of the Church. However, we are asking you to help us by bringing your own pocket size hand sanitizer bottle and use it as needed. Also, remember that washing your hands with soap and water remains an effective way to deal with COVID-19.
1. Please, wash or sanitize your hands before entering the church or after touching any common surface.
16.Although for Holy Communion is strongly recommend that you receive on the hand, the Diocese has determined that it can be received on the tongue at the discretion of the communicant.
1. If you receive in the hands, please extend your hands and keep them flat (not the natural cupping way of the fingers).
2. As has always been the case, we receive Holy Communion, we do not take Holy Communion. Under no circumstance reach out with your hand to take (snatch) the Sacred Host from the hands of the minister.
17.We will not be using Missals or Hymnals at this time.
The Parish Office is open during regular hours (Monday-Friday, 8 AM – 4 PM) . However, we ask that if you can conduct your business by phone or email, please do so.
As this situation changes we will be updating our website at http://stpatrickslufkin.com and our Facebook page. Please, send us your email address if you do not receive this email and would like to receive an email update. Please email email@example.com. We ask that you forward this information to other parishioners.